Have you ever experienced a time when you were struggling with the trials of life and couldn’t catch a break? Maybe you felt you were treading water and unable to move forward. We all have those stretches of time when we are challenged with multiple stressors. If you can’t seem to move past the stress, something else may be going on (besides depression, PTSD or a physical imbalance).
Sometimes the struggle is amplified because a lower vibration energy form has attached itself to your energy field. I refer to these energy forms as energy hitch hikers. The energy could be from a spirit or a cluster of thought forms. If you’ve ever walked into a room where an argument recently took place and could feel the anger, you understand how the energy of a cluster of thought form feels.
I picked up a hitch hiker recently. It began when I experienced several emotional challenges over the past few months. A dog with cancer, moving my horses after 13 years, one sister with a major brain bleed and another with open heart surgery and then PTSD from the election. A full emotional plate for sure. I noticed it was hard to keep my emotional momentum going. I was doing the usual things to keep myself balanced; heart centered meditation, connecting with friends and exercise in the fresh air yet improvements were only temporary. I decided it was time to visit an energy healer for a tune-up.
As she was feeling into my energy field, she asked me if I had been to a hospital or nursing home recently. I had been to both. I was with one sister in the hospital, another in a rehabilitation facility/nursing home and spent time volunteering for hospice in another retirement home. She noticed there was an energy attached to me which she sensed I had picked up in one of these places. This was a lower vibration energy. It wasn’t negative or evil, just an energy form that attached itself to me. Together we ushered this energy form away from me and to a more appropriate place. She continued to balance my chakras and complete the work. Afterwards, I felt as if I had taken off a costume and was now myself again. My energy felt more like me.
Emotions such as grief, depression, powerlessness, and anger, evoke lower vibrations in our energy body. We can’t avoid these emotions because they are part of the human experience. But when we are in this lower vibration we are vulnerable to attracting other lower vibration energies.
Imagine your job is to swim 100 laps a day. Today, you’re tired, not feeling well and you swim much slower than usual. There are other workers in the pool who are slow and can’t seem to swim their laps. They notice you going slow and see an opportunity to grab onto you and let you do the work. Now, in your already tired state, you’re dragging this other worker with you as you swim your laps. They slow you down even more. Energy hitch hikers do this to your energy field. Their lower energy vibration lowers your vibration. The stress you were feeling is harder to shake, the grief hangs on longer than you expected and you might anger more easily. You might even find yourself thinking thoughts not typical for you.
Fortunately, you can always dislodge a hitch hiker and there are things you can do to avoid it happening in the first place. We can’t avoid all stress in our lives but we can do a few things to keep lower vibrations from a making us their new home.
How to Avoid the Energy Hitch Hikers
- When you are in a vulnerable place emotionally, mentally or physically, avoid hospitals, nursing homes and funeral homes. If you can’t avoid them, do a heart meditation to raise your vibration before you go in (I forgot this).
- To keep your vibration higher, manage your energy field daily. My Energy Mastery Guided Meditation (free on this website) will take you through a process to disconnect from any energies via energy cords and keep the chakras flowing smoothly. This process may not reveal any hitch hikers to you but it will raise your vibration.
- When you’re experiencing a difficult stretch, seek out a skilled energy healer to shore up your chakras and remove anything which may have attached itself along the way.
- Tend to your thoughts. Shifting away from negative thoughts will improve your overall energy vibration and align you with more positive thoughts. There’s a simple 20 second exercise you can do to train your brain to think more positively and it’s described in this article.
- Remember to take good care of your physical body too. Eat good food, drink lots of water and get exercise out in the fresh air as much as possible.